Sustainable is finally affordable.
Green energy has always been more expensive than traditional sources of heating, cooling, and hot water. We’re changing that. Blatchford Renewable Energy lets you lower your carbon footprint with sustainable energy at no additional cost.
Starting and Stopping Services
While your services are 100% delivered by Blatchford Renewable Energy, we are proud to have EPCOR as our trusted billing partner for our customers.
Moving and need to stop your Blatchford Renewable Energy bill? We are sorry to see you go!
We can help you tackle your moving list by making it easy to transfer your EPCOR services online. Remember to give EPCOR at least 3 business days’ notice to ensure your utilities are switched on time.Transfer Your Services Online
Three things to know before moving your utilities:
- The address of your new home or business.
- The date you’d like to transfer your services. Remember to give at least 3 business days prior to your moving day and EPCOR will make sure your utilities are set up at your new place on time. Otherwise, services may not be turned on at your new home or business on move-in day
- If utilities are currently turned on at your new home. If not, an additional fee may apply to turn them on. Ask your realtor or landlord if you’re not sure.
Paying Your Bill
Manage your account anytime, anywhere. There are a number of ways you can pay your Blatchford Renewable Energy utility bill through EPCOR’s regular billing services—automatic withdrawal, pay through your bank, or pay with your credit card. Find the one that works best for you and your busy lifestyle.EPCOR – Pay Your Bill
EPCOR will always work with you to find resolution in the case of a billing dispute. And if they’re wrong, they’ll fix it.
Typically, EPCOR will disconnect an account for non-payment 60 days after the account is past due and the customer hasn’t honoured the payment arrangement. If you’re having difficulty paying on time, please contact EPCOR as soon as possible so they can work with you to find alternate payment schedules. For more information on the billing resolution process, please visit epcor.com
Understanding Your Bill
The charges for your Blatchford Renewable Energy services will be displayed under the Adjustments section of your bill.
The charges are separated between the fixed monthly charge and your variable rate.
- Blatchford Renewable Energy Fixed Monthly Charge
- The fixed charge is a daily fee charged for each service address.
- Blatchford Renewable Energy Variable Rate
- The variable rate is the cost of energy used for heating, cooling, and hot water in your home. Your thermal energy consumption will be reported in kilowatt hours (kWh).
While your day-to-day services will be covered through the fixed and variable charges, there may be special circumstances in which additional one-time charges may apply, including customer requested meter tests, District Energy Sharing System service on/off requests, or repairing damage to Blatchford Renewable Energy’s assets resulting from customer tampering, etc. But don’t worry—you will be made aware of any additional fees for these services prior to being charged.
(Townhomes that are not part of a condo association)
Your Blatchford Renewable Energy charges are displayed under the ‘Details of your adjustments’ section on your EPCOR bill. Your charges include:
- Fixed Charge
- Variable Charge
Your Energy Consumption will be reported in kilowatt hours* (kWh)
Sustainable is finally affordable. Green energy has always been more expensive than traditional sources of heating, cooling, and hot water. We’re changing that.
Guaranteed rates with no month-to-month surprises and no hidden costs.
Blatchford Renewable Energy rates are set on an annual basis by Edmonton City Council. Customer rates for the following year are determined in November (for example, the 2020 rates were set in November 2019).
- Fixed monthly charge of $1.47 per unit per day.
- Variable charge for heating & cooling of $0.0255 per kWh.
- Fixed monthly charge of $1.15 per unit per day
- Variable charge for heating & cooling of $0.0255 per kWh
Affordable Green Energy
In most places, homeowners have to pay a premium to have their heating, cooling and hot water come from renewable sources, but Blatchford isn’t most places. City Council has set a fiscal policy that determines a customer in Blatchford will be paying at most a comparable fee to what they would elsewhere in the City of Edmonton through their utility bills and annual maintenance costs. Blatchford Renewable Energy lets you lower your carbon footprint with sustainable energy at no additional cost.
Want to dig into the details? Check out the reference documents below.
- Customer Term & Conditions
- Blatchford District Energy Utility Fiscal Policy
- Bylaw 17943 – Blatchford Renewable Energy Utility (2020)