From water-efficient faucets to appliances, your Blatchford home was built with several ways to conserve water in mind.
- Turn off faucets! Never let your water run needlessly when brushing your teeth, washing dishes or shaving.
- You already have a water-efficient washing machine, but make sure to only run it when you have a full load of laundry. Same tip applies to your dishwasher.
- Even though the hot water heating for your showers comes from our District Energy Sharing System, consider taking shorter showers. Aim for 5 minutes or less!
- Ever consider recycling water? Collect the cold water you run before it’s hot enough to shower or wash dishes and use it to water plants.
- Consider buying less (which also happens to be good for your pocketbook). Most consumer goods have a water footprint, which is the amount of water used in production.